IIT Roorkee holds a good number of students that can be widely classified into undergraduates, postgraduates, and doctoral candidates. The undergrads account for 1143, the P.G. corresponds to 763, and the P.G. Integrated courses denote 173 of the total population. The institute doesn’t hold any graduates under three years, and the six-year P.G. program runs alongside the dual degree course curriculum.
The total number of students enrolled in various departmental streams amounts to 5820, of which 84.11% of them are masculine, while the remaining 15.89% are feminine. To elaborate further, nearly 200 engineering graduates were admitted within the state, and around 5475 of them were enrolled from various states. Aside from that, NRI students from all over the world represent 145 numbers, while economically disadvantaged candidates have been numbered 269, and socially challenged engineering aspirants total up to 2817 on the whole.