The student intake at NIT Surathkal 2022 for the UG program corresponds to 740 engineering graduates, wherein the postgraduate students make up 579 on the whole. The institute fails to offer dual degree programs, PG integrated courses, as well as PG 3 and 6 year programs to its students, which are available in some of the other NIT institutions.
The total student strength at NIT Surathkal corresponds to 4944 overall, a cumulative sum in which 80.74% has been occupied by male students, whereas the rest of the other 19.26% constitute female students. Apart from that, 1733 students have been admitted within the state, and around 3168 of the students correspond to engineering aspirants well outside the state or the union territory, where the institution has recruited 43 NRI students for diversified streams and multiple course platforms. Moreover, the economically backward students account for 1484 in total, followed by 2182 of them who correspond to the socially challenged category.